- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 31st January 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Gloucestershire, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK
- Job Category Freelance, Part Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 29th May 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Rehabilitation
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, School, Sole charge, Teach, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have many years of experience with grooming, from enthusiastically helping out at my local riding stables to an NVQ Level 2 in Horse Care and Management. This is equivalent to BHS Level 3 in Care, Ride and Lunge, with a Level 2 in Teach. I am currently studying a Bsc (Hons) in Equine Science and Therapy which gives me a thorough knowledge of equine anatomy and welfare requirements, as well the ability to work alongside veterinarians and other paraprofessionals. In addition, I am a DEFRA exempted Artificial Insemination Technician.
My key skills are working well with others and alone, finding solutions to everyday problems and a strong work ethic. I enjoy all aspects of equine management but particularly find healthcare interesting.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Being outside and the satisfaction of seeing the yard done properly, with each stable looking perfect.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Due to personal circumstance I have not been an active part of the industry – except for studying for my degree – for a short time. I would also like to improve my turn out abilities.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have the relevant skills for grooming, alongside a keen interest in improving my knowledge of equine management and training; this is made possible through the hard work I am putting into my undergraduate degree and my ready-to-learn attitude.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Experience – somewhere to polish my skills.
• Do you need accommodation?
I have my own accommodation both in Gloucester and Mansfield with my own transport.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I currently do not own any, sadly.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
University – however over summer I will not be engaged in study.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
The 6 – 13th of July.