- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 12th October 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cheshire, UK, Derbyshire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Leicestershire, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, Shropshire, UK, Staffordshire, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 13th October 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Class 2 HGV
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Hunting
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
I have been in horses all my life and have several years experience in the industry. I have spent the last three years working as a competition groom to JP Sheffield eventing. In this job I have worked in a large team and also had sole charge of the yard. I have a lot of experience riding young horses and producing them to sell. I have groomed at international three day events with up to four horses on my own. I have been all over the British Eventing circuit going to horse trials with JP and grooming for him there as well as at British Showjumping events. I ride all the horses at home, partaking in hacking, schooling, jumping, galloping and lunging the horses. I am compenent dealing with stallions having exercised and competition groomed the two stallions at JP’s. I have also been responsible for doing two hunters for Robert Wilkinson of Rolleston Estate whilst in this job. I have exercised the hunters and groomed them on hunting days. I have hunted with the Fernie Hunt and also have hunted six seasons with my local pack, Four Burrow Hunt in Cornwall.
Previously to working for JP, I have spent several months with Holly Woodhead being a groom/rider for her. Here I mainly rode all the young horses and did canter work for the more advanced eventers. I spent a summer working for Padraig and Lucy McCarthy where I groomed and rode often being left in sole charge. Here I also dealt with young stock and mares and foals. I also worked on a small commercial yard, SOS Competition Horses, where I helped produce the horses to sell. I have adequate experience in selling horses to a range of clients.
I have some competition experience of my own, competing several seasons at BE100 level, although my main focus is on competition grooming and work riding.
I am a very hard working and dedicated individual. I can work efficiently and effectively within a team or on my own. I take pride in turning horses and the yard out to a high standard. I can plait, clip, bandage, trim all to a high standard. My riding is of a good level and I have a lot of experience in riding young horses. I have handled four stallions throughout my time in the industry so far and am competent in doing so. I have a good understanding and practical knowledge of general veterinary procedures and have experience in dealing with general everyday cuts etc. I have a HGV class two licence and am competent transporting horses to shows and training.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I most enjoy looking after the horses and making them have a fun and enjoyable life. I take huge pride in turning them out for their respective tasks. I love watching them go well and progress.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d like to gain more experience and broaden my general knowledge of the industry.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am incredibly hard working and very diligent. I will put my all into ensuring that I give the horses the best possible care and that they are turned out to the highest standard.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience of the industry.
• Do you need accommodation?
Ideally live in accommodation would be required however I am willing to looking for my own accommodation for a live out position.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I would not be being a horse or dog.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?