- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 15th November 1999
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Surrey, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours
- Earliest start date 25th November 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period no
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Polo, Riding School, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services.
Currently I ride horses between 14.2 and 17.3. Before leaving for University (October ’18) I competed in showjumping up to Foxhunter level and was starting to do a few 1.30’s. Previously to this I did event on ponies and still continue to cross country school on occasion. I would love to work on a yard that offered riding as part of the job, though this is not necessary. I have continued to ride whenever possible, especially in holidays where up until recently I had a horse at home.
Currently throughout the holidays I work on a professional dressage yard where my role includes feeding, turning out, mucking out, grooming and exercising (hacking schooling and jumping). The horses I handle include three PRE stallions, two year olds and a foal.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am happy to work alone but also thrive in the company of others, I have experience of plaiting and clipping (own clippers available) difficult horses. Over the past few years I have exercised horses for people when they are away/ just to help out. I have ridden some very green and young horses, though not many but I thoroughly enjoyed it and am keen to do more.
I have my own transport and am very organised.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the relationship you can gain with the horses, the amount of effort you put in really gives you results and the satisfaction you can get from seeing what your work has produced is very satisfying
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to gain a wider experience by working with youngsters to improve my ability and knowledge
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am very passionate about the standard of work I produce whether it be turnout, yard duties or riding. Horses are what I love so I’m constantly trying to improve in any area I can, I’m keen to learn and genuinely enjoy every aspect of working with horses.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to have more experience in a working yard, especially working with younger horses.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I study at university so whilst I am flexible, there are some limitations
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?