- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 4th June 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary), Working Couple
- Earliest start date 1st March 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been riding and handling horses since the age of six and am passionate about them. I started out at riding schools and over time schooled and cared for a variety of horses from 11.2 to 17hh including green, young, quirky and advanced . I also helped to plan and run birthday parties, activity days and pony camps along with competing at unaffiliated dressage, show jumping and showing. I also learned to bath, plant, clip and bandage.
On leaving school I worked for Muriel Allen BHSII in exchange for dressage lessons and was often in sole charge of her livery yard and gained experience caring for one of the horses with health issues.
I then completed an Extended Diploma in Horse Management at Newton Rigg College where I excelled in all of my practical classes including competition prep, bathing, clipping, handling and riding.
Whilst there I was Student Yard Manager and assisted in planning and running various events including affiliated dressage and the Northern Stallion Showcase and regularly competed at elementary dressage with a 17h 2″ Holstein gaining and always received compliments on how well turned out he was. I also took on a 4yr old project and schooled her ready to be successfully sold.
Upon finishing college I became a working pupil for national dressage rider Melissa Chapman which involved routine yard duties, schooling and hacking a vast range of horses and preparing horses for competition, from 4yr old classes to Grand Prix , also for sales and potential clients. I also competed myself.
I handled a variety of horses including goals, youngsters, unhandled stock imported from Holland, grand prix horses and stallions.
I have also groomed for Barnaby Bowman two seasons of coaching (carriage driving) at Royal A Scot. This involved getting a team of four ready each day then travelling on the coach each day with customers to the races. Myself and a fellow groom built a reputation for excellent standard of care and turnout. I have also groomed for Barnaby at an FEI event.
I am now studying for a degree in Equine Science at Askham Bryan in York and looking to extend my experience.
I’m a perfectionist!!! My main equine skills are competition grooming, bandaging, plaiting, pulling/trimming, ground work /handling, sales preparation, riding.
My general skills are I’m hard working, dedicated, determined, work to a high standard, punctual, passionate, easy to work with, can get along with anyone and I am adaptable
Strengths and Weaknesses
Someone once told me you should love the horse first and the sport second I completely agree! I get a thrill from presenting horses to a high level and seeing the reactions of others so that has to be my favourite thing about working with horses.
• I would like to improve my confidence towards my ability as I have often been told I do my self down.
• I offer a wide range of experience in different sectors of the industry compared to others my age. I am very adaptable to other peoples methods and I am a fast and keen learner. I believe this may make me stand out against other employees.
• I would like to take on new challenges and experience to test my skills.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes depending on location
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?