- Age 44 years
- Date of Birth 30th November 1975
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Europe, United States of America
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Working Couple
- Earliest start date 1st October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 0 for employment 1 month for rent
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t, Moped
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Hunting, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rehabilitation
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services.
I have worked with and owned my own horses for 20 years.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
General yard duties, field management, riding – hunting, low level dressage, jumping. House keeping, working with all farm animals and pets. Community support work and looking after children.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
All aspects. I just love being around horses. I love the connection and trust you can gain from such a majestic, powerful creature. It isn’t just the animals I love. I take (she says embarrassed and blushing) a great deal of pride in a clean and tidy yard, with a perfectly laid out organised systems, including immaculate muck heap, well laid beds. (straw beds have defined banks, banked up during the day with rotation to banks allowing the stable to dry) I am of course used to working with a variety of bedding. A well organised tack room with clean tack.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My confidence when competing
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Because I have the all round skills to look after and support an equestrian family . My partner is also a rider and master carpenter and general builder.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Freedom to do what I love the most which is working with horse and be surrounded by lovely country side and like minded people.
• Do you need accommodation?
We would need accommodation suitable for a couple.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
We do have 2 horses and 2 dogs
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
We currently have a weekend horse camp booked in august