- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 1st December 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 15th July 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Endurance, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Hunting, P2P, Polo, Rescue, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
I have been riding horses for the 10+ years. During the last year I have been working in Australia using stock horses for mustering cattle and following this I spent 4 months as a groom on a large polo yard and 1 month grooming for an individual player.
My key skills include working individually and as part of a team and keeping organised in busy situations. I am a skilled polo groom, with good experience of turning out horses for games. This includes doing tack swaps for half and full chukkas, bandaging, playing tails, hogging manes, addressing minor injuries as well as excersising horses both in sets and individually.
As a result of my work with both polo and stock horses, I can ride in stock and polo saddles as well as English. I can neck reign and ride with split reigns too.
My time keeping skills are impeccable as a result of being involved with the running of a polo yard, due to grooming for split chukkas and having to take 24 – 35 horses to games in good time.
I also have limited experience in farrier work.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love being able to care for animals, to present them well for events and being able to see them over time.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would love to work in more disciplines and gain a better knowledge of all different types of tack.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I should be considered because I am warm, friendly, have good experience with horses and genuinely have the employers best interests at heart. There is nothing I love more than seeing an owner happy about the way I have turned out their horse for an event.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to build on my skills as a groom as well as meeting new people and seeing new places.
• Do you need accommodation?
If it is out south of Alnwick, Northumberland or north of Eyemouth, Scotland, yes. (I live near Berwick upon Tweed)
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am due to start university in October 2019
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
**Available for Christmas Cover***