- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 20th September 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, United States of America
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours
- Earliest start date 18th August 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Dressage, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Polo, Stud, Trekking, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Sole charge, Veterinary Experience, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with horses
Experienced groom in running yards from small private yards to top polo yards, fast mucking out and incredible organisation, will ride all abilities of horses from youngsters to happy hackers to top competition horses, confident on flat and can jump. Very good at problem solving and calm in difficult situations. Experience in polo, showjumping, dressage, hunting, showing and point to point yards. Currently studying to do equine massage so will be able to treat horses once qualified in a few months.
Fast pace yard work
Calm with youngstock
Lunging with effect
First aid on horses
Patience in dealing with difficult horses
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the calming nature of horses, I therefore enjoy all aspects of working with horses, particularly ground work and lunging with effect
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My plaiting is not as good as I would like it to be
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a happy person who is great working in a team and has the ability to think on her feet to work alone, I am organised and have experience in running yards and I know what is expected of me. I am currently working in Texas, USA for summer in teaching children to ride but also helping train the Olympic pentathlon team through snowballing while out here, this experience so far has given me so much confidence in dealing with a very wide range of riders and abilities which I think is very valuable when working on a yard. I also hope to qualify in equine massage before the end of the year so once qualified that will be a very valuable skill for any yard.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to have a live in job somewhere in the Midlands with a good team of people, my particular interests are stud work, dressage or driving yards but the team around me is more important than the work itself as I work with horses before I enjoy it more than anything else
• Do you need accommodation?
Unless close to Tamworth, Birmingham yes I do
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
A mare who will happily live out 24/7 all year round
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
In texas, USA until 13th august
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
Not after august