- Age 31 years
- Date of Birth 21st August 1989
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Durham, UK, Northumberland, UK, Tyne and Wear, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 9th July 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Head Person
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Classical, Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Polo, Showing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
My first job from leaving school was a groom at a riding school and livery yard. I worked her for 10 years and working my way tho the ranks to head girl and riding instructor, passing my stage two and part of my ptt.
I felt like I needed to gain more experience and found a job as a carriage groom. This job is working on weddings, funerals and events all over the country. These horses need to be turn out to the highest of standards. Most of these horses are stallions and require a confident handler.
I’m my spare time I like to ride and compete my own horses. I’ve BE up to be100 getting to the regional finials and also tried my hand at BS and BD getting a few firsts at prelim and novice.
I believe in leading by example and wouldn’t expect anyone to do a job I wouldn’t. I’m a great team player but will happily work alone if needed. I’m confident handling stallions and fit horses.
In my riding I’m quite competitive and always want to learn whether it be a hairy cob or a warmblood.
I’m trustworthy and honest and good at communicating and understanding mine and others strengths and weaknesses and showing off those strengths.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love the challenge of riding or teaching different horses and see or feeling them go well. As they can be so different.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I always want to improve whether that be my riding, or training. I think we should never stop learning.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m very hands on and always want to do my best. I’ve gain a lot of experience in my job roles. My employers were completely different and I think that has helped with my understanding between the old horseman to the modern world.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’m looking for a career where I can progress and develop my riding.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
Yes. From August the 18th til 29th 2019