- Age 28 years
- Date of Birth 22nd June 1992
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Working Couple
- Earliest start date 1st August 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/a
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV, Class 1 HGV, Category C1, Category C1E, Category CE
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), College, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Training Yard/Positions, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
- Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have many years experience with horses having worked in various yards and currently running my own yard. I currently hold my bshai and Hgv class one licence. Having worked in rehabailtion yards showing yards and show jumping yards I have gained a vast amount of knowledge working in different positions. I can turn out horses to a high standard ready for the ring. I have the ability to work solely by myself or work within a team. Taking instruction or taking charge when needed.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Have experience retraining thoroughbred race horses coming of the track and through injuries, backing youngsters and riding them away, handling stallions. I can turn out horses for the ring to a high standard including marking up plaiting and trimming up. Can work well by myself or within a team. I can also turn my hand to many other task including yard maintenance machinery driving housekeeping and childcare. I also am available for looking after variance of other animals and livestock.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy treating each horse individual creating a bond and knowing what makes the individual “tick” I have a lot of time and patience in working the animal out in order to get the best out of them.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a dedicated and hard working individual with a desire to achieve high standards to the best of my ability and desire to get the best out of each individual horse. I am capable of carrying out other tasks around the yard such as maintenance weeding and general overall of the yard to be kept tidy at all times. I would be open to dealing with other animals and taking sole care of these housekeeping duties and even childcare.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to take a more senior position and have the ability to pass on my knowledge or gain more knowledge from a leading professional
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
1 x 16.2 working hunter show horse
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?