- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 9th March 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Durham, UK, Northumberland, UK, Tyne and Wear, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 31st July 2019
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Flexible
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period na
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Foaling, Livery, Polo, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I am currently on a year out from my studies, BSc Equine Science degree. I have been riding since I was 5 years of age, which includes show jumping, cross country and dressage competitions. In recent years I have dedicated much of my time to rehabilitating troubled horses. During this process I create a bond with the horse and work towards building their confidence and ability in order to resolve their issues. I have loaned and ridden for many individuals and yards helping out and exercising horses of all ages and temperaments. I have also worked along side Kelly Johnson who is an established reiki master.
• Riding horses of all different levels
• Health checking horses
• Mucking out
• Cleaning tack
• Helping clients
• Maintaining a proper training regime for each individual horse
• Training certain horses for competition level
• Working in a team or individually on the yard
• Working with clients and helping their confidence
• Training horses with different temperaments and ages
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I have a natural affinity with horses and enjoy watching them progress with the training and support I have applied.
• I wish to improve my knowledge, understanding and practical skills in the equine industry.
• I have always had a passion for equine care and rehabilitation. My areas of interest lie within equine welfare and their well being. I enjoy working as part of a team or alone too. I am an excellent communicator and enjoy meeting new people. I hope to be able to combine all my skills ultimately at an international level.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience in the competing industry and work on a professional yard.
• Do you need accommodation?
Depends on the location
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?