- Age 30 years
- Date of Birth 23rd December 1990
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 2nd September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period One month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
Following studies in equine, I gained experience in a couple of racing yards doing general yard duties and exercising race horses. I then worked as a groom at a livery yard and also tended live stock. I had always wanted to travel and when offered the chance of helping at riding school in Ireland, I took it, before then travelling to Australia for over a year working on a stud, cattle and farm stations, where I became involved in stock work on horseback, sheep mustering, foal handling, breaking in young and semi-wild horses, plus all aspects of yard work. On return to the UK I worked with Oliver Townend which was a helpful experience before finding a permanent position at Kyle Roddy’s as a yard hand and groom. I then travelled to Vilamoura with Daniel Moseley before working at a show jumping yard in Surrey. Whilst I felt I had developed many skills, I wanted to improve my riding and for the last two years have self-funded a placement with Lucinda Fredericks which has been absolutely great.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
Turning out for shows to a high standard. Working with young stock. Working well with others and being a team player. Turning my hand to anything that will keep the yard working efficiently i.e. maintenance.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love working with horses and feel fortunate to have a career which has been enjoyable and challenging. My working experiences have been varied and each time I have gained in terms of developing my skills and abilities. I have particularly enjoyed being part of competitions, ensuring horses are ready/turned around, and taking pride when all return home with no issues. I like the fact that each day is different and it is rewarding working with such intelligent animals.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am punctual, efficient, reliable and use initiative. I also have a positive outlook on life and a good sense of humour.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I am now seeking a position which brings together my past experiences as well as offers new challenges. A place where I am able to work hard and continue to learn. I have been lucky to have met some great colleagues over the years and welcome the chance to work as part of a team. I have enjoyed my travels which has really developed my skills but am now looking to find a position where I can settle in the long term.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?