- Age 28 years
- Date of Birth 23rd April 1992
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Short Term (Temporary)
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term 1 October 2019 until 28 February 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 30 days
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? None
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I am a 27 year old South African with British Citizenship currently living and working on a private Equestrian Estate in Italy.
I have over 11 years of horse riding experience and have competed in dressage, show jumping, equitation and showing. I started riding at the age of 7 years of age at a riding school where I took part in pony clubs and rode a variety of ponies. I was responsible for horse care, tacking up, grooming and mucking out.
I had my first pony from the age of 9 years until I was 13 years of age I competed in affiliated show jumping competitions and attended lessons weekly. I was responsible for horse care, tacking up, show preparation, clipping, grooming, bandaging, lunging and mucking out.
I had my own horse from 14 years until 20 years of age. I competed in affiliated show jumping, equitation, dressage and showing shows. I attended lessons weekly and was responsible for horse care, tacking up, show preparation, clipping, grooming, bandaging, lunging and mucking out.
I also have experience with riding other livery owners horses. I assisted with exercising horses while their owners were on vacation.
In my current position I am a horse groom to 5 horses. I assist with exercising the horses which includes riding, lunging and putting horses in walker. My daily responsibilities include general horse care, grooming, mucking out, cleaning water trays and keeping the stable areas tidy and organised. I irrigate arenas and rake, maintain paddocks and do general gardening and pool care. I accompany the horses to competitions and assist with show preparation and am responsible for maintaining the interior of a luxury horse lorry, provisioning and stocking the lorry for away trips and international competitions.
I am an au pair and tutor to four children aged from 5 to 12 years in age. I am responsible for shopping and running other errands, general housekeeping and laundry, cooking family meals and assisting the other housekeepers with their tasks. I do school work with the children and help to pack luggage, bath times and prepare family meals.
I have previously worked as a temp stewardess on a private owned 7 star mega yacht in Monaco. The role rotated between housekeeping, laundry and service. I was responsible for detailing and maintaining the interiors to the highest standards, daily housekeeping and evening turn downs, cleaning crew areas, guest and crew laundry, cocktail making and guest service.
I have a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Marketing & Communications Management and a Bachelor of Commerce Honours degree in Marketing management from the University of Pretoria. I have previous working experience in Corporate Customer Service and Marketing roles.
I am extremely flexible in terms of job responsibility and working hours. I have great time management and work well within a team and independently.
I am skilled in show turnout and plaiting.
I have many non-equine skills which include housekeeping, cooking, tutoring, au pairing, gardening and corporate sales and marketing.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I have a passion for animals and working with horses is extremely full-filling.
I would like to learn more about animal care in a medical terms such as caring for injuries and rehabilitation.
I am extremely dedicated to horses and their well being is always number one. I am an all rounder in terms of skills and willingness to work in many different areas.
I am looking for a live-in position.
I do not have any pets or horse to bring with me.
I am currently employed until the end of September 2019
I would like the opportunity to take a break during December 2019 or January 2020 to go back to South Africa to visit my family whenever is most convenient to my future employer.