- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 29th August 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Gloucestershire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 4th January 2021
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term 6 days a week
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t, 7.5t, Category C1E
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Teach, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I am an Event Rider from Cornwall who would like to further my riding career.
I am currently working as a freelance rider and groom and also complete yard work as part of my daily role. I have been working in a Race Yard- mucking out, riding out and caring for the horses, a dressage yard where I have been exercising horses, a Hunt yard and an Eventing yard where I have ridden horses and completed yard work, often with sole responsibility for the yard.
Last season I worked a for competition yard who were horse breeders and producers. I started there as a rider in January 2017, but then I was offered the Yard Manager’s position in January 2018 and have held that position until August last year. I also rode the young horses both at home and in competition, and helped with foaling and general care of all horses on the yard. I left when the business sadly folded.
In 2017 I competed at 2* and was long listed for the Young Riders Team. I am now riding at Advanced and 4* level with my own horse and also training and riding young dressage, showjumping, hunters, race and point to point horses for a number of clients in the Wiltshire area.
I enjoy being part of a team and am not afraid of the challenging work that goes with working in this field. I would love to be part of a growing team that gives me the opportunity to further my own riding ability. In the future my aim is to be able to set up a riding business on my own but I recognise that this cannot happen during the current health crisis.
I have experience of managing a yard and carrying out all duties involved in the daily care of horses. I also have sole charge experience.
I can back and break in young horses. I have worked horses of all ages and ability and enjoy the challenge of helping to improve their way of going. I love to see how horses grow and develop over time.
I have passed my lorry test – February 2020 (LGV)
Part of my current role is to prepare horses for competition and I am able to turn horses out to a high standard.
I like to work as part of a team and have built up lasting relationships in my current role.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I enjoy training horses and getting to know their individual strengths. Competing at all levels in Eventing, Showjumping and Dressage. I love being part of the horse riding community.
I am prepared to learn new skills. In the past I have learnt how to look after the land, drive tractors and top fields and have enjoyed this side of the job.
I am always looking to improve my riding skills. Having the support of another rider has helped me with this in the past.
I have a lot of experience with horses of all levels and abilities. I have worked in the industry for over 3 years on an Eventing yard and also as a freelance rider and groom on a variety of yards including race yards, dressage and showjumping yards. I have ridden from 90cm to 4* level at Eventing and up to 1.35 m in showjumping and would like to continue to do this in the future.
More riding experience and support for my own riding if possible.
Seeing how another yard work to improve all areas of my riding career
• Do you need accommodation?
Would depend on where the yard is based but I currently have accommodation that is not linked to my job.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Would need to bring own horse if a long term position- he is a 4* Eventing horse.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?