- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 10th May 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Durham, UK, East Yorkshire, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, North Yorkshire, UK, Northumberland, UK, South Yorkshire, UK, West Yorkshire, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 18th September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have grown up with horses all my life, with both of my parents having evented. I then did pony club growing up, earning my tests up to B. during pony club I vented a self produced pony up to Novice. Since then I have competed up to 2*/Intermediate level. I was a working pupil based with Harry Meade last year, where I rode and cared for horses of all levels and ages up to 5*. Since returning home I have been freelance schooling horses along side competing my own.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am good at working with a team as well as being able to lead, in my current job I was promoted to supervisor within a few short months of starting. I am also good at taking initiative and not needing encouragement to take on new roles.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love the satisfaction of seeing improvement in a horses way of going and being able to attribute it to something that you have done.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my riding and am always open to new ideas and different ways of training and approaching a situation.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am easy going and I don’t take things too seriously. I am also incredibly hard working and am deeply passionate about working with horses, something that I see as a long term career and lifestyle choice.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience of riding different horses and learning different ways of training.
• Do you need accommodation?
Maybe depending on the location.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Dependent on the location.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am currently employed and would need to give at least a months notice.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?