- Age 46 years
- Date of Birth 5th May 1974
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 4th January 2021
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Yes
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 12.5st / 79.4kg / 175lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Retail
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Veterinary Experience, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have worked as a groom for many years now, I enjoyed my time the most as stud groom with the old Berkshire’s hunt.
I also worked for a few event rider and got to travel a lot, and was lucky to ride at the time some very good. 3*and 4* horses.
I did a short time in polo, but I did realise very early on it was not for me.
I have done a few events on a couple of young horses, also shown at county level on my show cob.
i take pride in the way that my horses look when turned out, and always do my best I can buy them when in my care,
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I would like to think I can cover most aspects of horse care, from clipping to riding, stable management, handling.
i have worked alone and also had under-grooms, I like high standards and also expect the same from my staff
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the bound you build with each horse, but we also have to remember each horse is a different person, and some need treating with extra care, taking your time to gain there trust.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My flat-work, dressage is enjoyable to watch but would like to learn more.
I can ride the flat up to a novice test.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I believe when working with horses, they come first. I feel many of the younger grooms don’t understand this. I’m old school groom.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Appreciation, this seems to have been lost by many employee’s over the years.
as a groom I will give everything I have to make sure there horses are cared for.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, I think when working with hunt/ event horses, you should be on hand should something go wrong, and late night checks should be done.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
My small but friendly dog and a few chickens.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?