- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 27th July 2002
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cheshire, UK, Derbyshire, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st July 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have many years of experience with and around horses. I landed a job at the age of 13 working at a local stables where I have learnt new skills and knowledge as well as dealing with the day to day care of the horses I also assist with the running of the yard and deal with customer enquiries and deliver excellent customer service. Before working here I volunteered and rode at numerous equine establishments where I developed skills and knowledge.
I started being around horses at the age of 2 and then I learnt to ride when I was 4 years old, I started showing when I was 13 which is quite late to get into showing in some respects. I am now 17 and have a 14.2 Mare, welsh section D, our main discipline is showing but we are wanting to turn a hoof to anything and gain as much experience as we can.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
My skills consist of:
-Working alone and with others
-Using my own initiative
-Turning out for shows
-Dealing with various different horses and ponies
-Handling with young stock
-Trustworthy, reliable, punctual and willing to learn.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy working with horses because no two days are the same, there is always something to do & it is so rewarding.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I always believe that there is always room for improvement but I would like to improve on my clipping and become more confident.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Employers should consider me above any other job seeker because I am an out going, willing and trustworthy young person. I do everything to the best of my ability and I am always wanting to learn & improve, I am a hard worker and punctual.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience and new skills & knowledge.
• Do you need accommodation?
Depending on the location I will need accommodation.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Must have some turnout.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
A weekend job and a horse.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
Saturday 27th of July 2020 and Sunday 28th July 2020.