- Age 38 years
- Date of Birth 29th May 1982
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Essex, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 7th June 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period n/a
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV, Class 1 HGV
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, College, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
My experience comes from owning and competing ponies and horses. I internationally show jumped between the ages of 14 and 18, gaining several medals, and produced youngsters to Grade A level. I am keen to get back to being part of a competition yard in a flexible or part-time position.
Grooming, general yard duties, mucking out, looking out for signs of ill health, bandaging, equine first aid, preparing food, medication and supplements, assisting vets and farrier, clipping and turning out to a high show standard.
Exercising, Lunging and Schooling.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Having a bond with such beautiful creatures. Job satisfaction when there’s a clean and tidy yard and the morning jobs are completed!
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would probably be a little rusty with mane pulling/plaiting/clipping etc to start with, after not doing it for 20 years! But I’m confident it wouldn’t take much practice to get back to a high standard. I used to take great pride in turning out my horses.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I would care for any horse as if they were my own, I would carry out all duties to the expected high standard of any professional yard. I’m not shy of hard work and happy to work alone and as part of a team.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
The chance to be with showjumpers again would be amazing and would love to be part of a showjumping yard and follow their success but any competition or sales yard would be fantastic. I would also be interested in being part of the breeding side and to gain handling experience with stallions and foals.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?