- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 25th January 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland, The EU
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Working Couple
- Earliest start date 1st October 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Foaling, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Sales, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Completed 14 week residential course at the British Racing school in Newmarket in February 2014. From there I was a stable lad/work rider in Newmarket before heading to Deauville to work ride for 3 months.
For the past 3 years I have been a Pre Trainer in Bahrain, on the royal Safra stud working for the royal family. This position has been a managerial role. I am in charge of 10 members of staff, with 30-35 yearling thoroughbreds each season.
I have been overseeing all daily duties including but not limited to – individual horse feeding programmes, exercising programmes, liaising with vets and farriers, staff disputes and holidays.
I enjoy working alone or as part of a team. Confident in all duties related to the care and exercise of horses. I have great initiative and able to solve problems well.
Prior to my work with horses I was a landscape gardener, so I am happy to do all aspects of grounds keeping and minor maintenance work.
I have been an active volunteer with animals, so I feel confident in carrying out help/work with other species of animals and habitats.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I enjoy working with horses a lot, as every horse (and animal) have a unique character. You are able to build strong relationships with each and every individual and both teach and learn as you both progress.
As far as improvement and personal development, I would like to learn more about the general grounds and housing associated with horses and other animals. For example, what goes into planning a yard?
I feel my experiences over these last 3 years working in the Middle East have helped me grow as a horseman and manager. I have learnt people management skills. The constant change in horses each year has opened me up to varying temperaments and behaviours of young horses.
My one weakness is my riding. I took a fall in France and have not been riding much since. I can ride a hack horse or do minimal exercise, however a full time riding position just wouldn’t be possible for me.
For my next job, I would like to stay in a higher position (managerial) and hope to keep progressing. I am very business minded so would I would like to keep learning all the ins and outs to horses and running a successful and happy yard.
I have a family consisting of my Wife, (almost) 2 year old daughter and 4 dogs. Should this be too much for onsite accommodation, I would be happy to look into renting near by.
I would be moving back to the UK with 4 dogs and 1 cat. I have no special requirements regarding this, however, a dog friendly work environment would be beneficial.
I am currently employed here in Bahrain. So a time scale of 4-6 weeks to hand my notice in and prepare to travel back would be sufficient.
No holidays or other commitments.