- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 10th February 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cotswolds, Essex, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 2nd September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period none
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Livery, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Maintenance Skills, Muck Out
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I gained experience with horses when I was 9 years old and attended a riding school for lessons to which afterwards I stayed to help prepare hay nets, poo pick fields and muck out. I stopped after a while but I then went off to Writtle University College to study Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care and progressed on to Level 3 Work-Based Animal Care and Welfare. Through doing these courses I got experience handling ponies, mucking out, grooming and gained some knowledge on legislation based around horses/livestock. I had a full time job working at Bushmoor Kennels and Cattery where two horses were on grass livery with them and we had to turn them out in the mornings, prepare their feeds and give them lunch as well as clean their water trough and poo pick the field. Also for a short period they had a shetland pony to which I had to help turn out/bring in, muck out and groom.
Since then I have volunteered for a short period at T.H.E Stables which is a Livery yard where I helped turn out/bring in horses, put on rugs and boots when needed, mucked out, grooming, feed prep, hay nets and was even shown how to lunge a horse. Then I went on to part loan a horse and this is when I met Billy who is a 17hh Irish Sports horse. I was responsible for mucking out, feed prep, grooming/bathing, turning out and exercising by lunging or riding.
I am happy to work alone as well as in a team and help others when they need it and provide support. I also like to be organized in what I do and good communication skills.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The thing I enjoy most about working with horses is the day to day challenges and variety they can provide.
• I would like to improve on my speed of mucking out stables, gain better knowledge of horse care and improve my riding.
• I would love to gain level 2 and 3 horse care qualifications as well as experience handling different horses especially working horses.
• Do you need accommodation?
Dependant on location.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?