- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 10th August 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st January 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period week notice
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Head Person, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Endurance, Eventing, Foaling, Hunting, Polo, Racing Flat, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Stud, Trekking, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I started riding at the age of 11, I progressed quickly, was then offered volunteer work as a groom looking after the riding school horses and helping in the lessons. I attended Easton and Otley College for 3 years studying equine management completing level 2 and 3. During my time at college I studied equine biology and anatomy, nutrition, horse fitness, equitation, training horses from the ground, show jumping, training horses on the flat, behavioural management, event management, competition grooming, and business management. I completed my work experience at Pam Sly Racing yard where I handled yearlings, colts, mares and stallions. When I was there I helped with the yard duties and preparing the horses for races. Following college I started work as a groom at a livery yard, handling a variety of horses, and have brought on a very green and nervous horse and have accomplished winning a dressage league and jumping up to 90cm.
I am currently working at a family run yard at Castle Coole Enniskillen, breaking in untouched young horses, I have currently broken in 2 fully ridden and jumping up to 1 metre, and also am training and looking after a newborn foal and mother.
I am good at working alone and in company. I will handle any sort of horse from a yearling to a stallion as they don’t bother me and I have experience handling them. I can clip and prepare horses for shows in all disciplines. I am quick at mucking out and cleaning the yard efficiently. I am a confident rider and will ride anything put in front of me. I am good a talking to people and communicating with others. I am good at working with children of all ages.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
what I enjoy most is that each day is different, each horse has their own little quirks and differences. I also enjoy the physical aspect of working with horses always on the move and outside.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve on my knowledge of working with horses in different disciplines and to learn different ways of working with them.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Employers should consider me as I am reliable and good with time keeping, I am open to knew ideas and to learn new ways of work.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
To further my experience and education.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I will be bringing 2 dogs a miniature dachshund and a very friendly Japanese Akita, also a 15.2hh Connemara Gelding who gets on which gets on with every horse and will only need turnout
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?