- Age 35 years
- Date of Birth 9th December 1985
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, The EU, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Permanent
- Earliest start date 30th September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 30 days
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 14st / 88.9kg / 196lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dressage, Foaling, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British, Australian
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have always been interested in the breeding and training of horses, with a particular interest in exercise physiology and using genetic traits/bloodlines to produce horses that have the most effective physique for the discipline in which they are to be trained.
Whilst at university I worked for top international dressage and event riders and was employed as a polo groom/rider for Nick and Richenda Hine.
On completing my degree in Equine Science I gained my DEFRA licence as an artificial insemination technician.
I am currently the Stud Manager of an Arab Stud, we are one of the leading European studs producing Arabian show horses. The horses that we have produced in my time with the business have represented Germany in the Middle East and achieved the highest placing for
European bred and owned horses. They have also repeatedly won top international titles such as the European Junior Stallion and European Senior Stallion, Gold Champions in senior and junior categories at international B shows. It has been a very interesting experience as the Arabian show horse industry is very different to the Sport horse industry and I have enjoyed the diversity of opportunities and being able to interact with the many cultures that this industry has afforded me. This was a fledgling business when I joined and we now have a strong client base not only from Germany but also Switzerland, Israel and the Middle East.
When I joined the business the farm moved to a new bigger location so I was involved in setting up a private reproductive clinic for the farm and the development of a new stallion facility. I am also involved in the selection of horses for the breeding program and consequently the decisions as to how each horse should be campaigned or marketed.
I was for a significant period Breeding Manager at a stud for dressage horses in South West France. I moved to France to take up the position in June 2009. Being a new business meant I was closely engaged in starting the business, recruiting staff, selecting
horses and riders. It is now one of the largest sport horse studs in France and being involved in the early stages of the business meant that I not only have experience of being the breeding manager but also the other skills required to manage and build a team of staff and liaise with people in the industry across Europe and the rest of the world.
In 2013 I worked a 9 month contract for the Sultanate of Oman in order to set up a collection, insemination and embryo transfer clinic in one of their private stables with the aim to provide a breeding centre in Europe for their championship Arab horses.