- Age 33 years
- Date of Birth 16th April 1987
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Part Time
- Earliest start date 1st September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period A week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Family Yard, Foaling, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I became a freelance horse groom/career 10years ago but horses have always been part of my life, I grew up with them. Since it became my I have worked for many individuals providing care for their horses sole charge while they are at work or on holiday. Communicating with owners as to what is needed in each individual situation. I pick thing up quickly and am confident in both sole charge and a yard setting. I have also worked within a few larger yards. Looking after a wide range of different horses from your typical happy hacker through driving horses, point to pointers, hunters and a heavy weight hunter that competed at HOYS level. Managing all aspect of day to day yard running excersice program, staff on cover days, vet visit, farrier, dentist, feed ordering, trimming clipping, and grazing pattern/field maintenance.
Working alone, working within a group, stable management, injury care, turning out, clipping, handling a wide range of horses from youngsters to large very fit shape horses, organising, people skills, being a happy enthusiastic person.
Srengths and Weaknesses
• I love the fact that no day is the same, I also love being outside no matter what the weather. The sence of caring for horses is very rewarding I love getting to know each horses different charictor and personality.
• there is always things you can improve your understanding within equine work, areas I feel I could further my knowledge in would be barefoot, holistic therapy and natural horsemanship.
• I’m an up beat enthusiastic person to have on any yard, all work is carried out to a high standard I take great pride in every aspect of my work and am not affraid of hard work. I am experienced both in sole charge, team work and manager position within a yard. I treat any horses I work with as my own seeing them for the individuals they are understanding no two horses are the same caring for their individual needs.
• I would like to continue to furthering my knowledge and understanding of horses as a whole.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I’m currently filling my time freelancing between yards due to the family I’d been with for years down sizing. So no commitments.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?