- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 11th May 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region East Sussex, UK
- Job Category Freelance, Part Time, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 2nd September 2019
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Anytime
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Stud Hand, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Moped
- Own car? Moped
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dealer, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Hello! I’m a 25 year old freelance groom, rider and consultant in East Sussex.
I am a passionate and forward thinking person which helps me to think “outside the box” and approach problems in an efficient light.
I am currently working towards my BHS Stages in care, riding and teaching.
I have been riding and working around horses for 23 years, and competing unaffiliated for 20 years.
Since the age of 12, I worked and trained on a private event yard, caring for and riding horses at home who regularly competed from Novice to 4 star level.
This included all general yard duties and, later on, occasional sole charge of the yard. This is where I gained most of my experience of schooling and yard management.
I also worked as a self-employed dealer, primarily in rescue and rehabilitation projects to re-home later on. This is where a vast majority of my young horse handling, breaking and further schooling knowledge comes from. I worked primarily with malnourished and neglected ponies, all under 15hh. I also gained stallion handling experience through this.
Currently, I am quite new to the Hastings/East Sussex area and I work as a freelance equine consultant and home groom/rider, as well asa a PR and marketing manger (primarily in social media).
- Assisting vet/dentist/farrier visits
- Basic daily yard duties
- Stallion handling experience (under 14.2hh)
- Foaling at home
- Expert on equine colour genetics
- Rescue and rehabilitation
- Breaking and schooling
- Yard management
- Excellent people skills
- Business Management
- Video Production
- Social Media
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Horses have simply been my way of life since I can remember. They are and always will be my greatest passion in life and I specifically take great joy in helping horses develop and grow.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
While I’m a very confident person, I believe you can never have too much. So I would like to improve myself by being exposed to new situations.
I would also like to further my education in riding and teaching.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Not only do I bring a vast array of knowledge and skills to the table, I’ve been told I’m quite charismatic.
I like to think I have a good sense of humour too 🤔
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to develop a good relationship with my future colleagues and hopefully my boss!
I would also like to expand my knowledge, further my education and grow my contacts within the area.
• Do you need accommodation?
For long term work, accommodation would be a bonus but not essential. I am willing to relocate for the right position.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have no special requirements, however I do intend on owning a horse in the future so being able to bring him/her with me for longer jobs would be preferable.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
My partner and I are able to relocate and currently have no ongoing commitments.
We only have a budgie.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
26th December 2019.