- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 9th August 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cleveland, UK
- Job Category Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 23rd September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been around horses since I was 10 years old, since then I have worked with Riding School ponies, event horses, show horses/ponies, stallions and broodmares and young stock. I have ridden to a good standard, I have some light showing and competition riding experience, and have brought on my own young horse, who I have shown at a low level.
I am confident handling and riding all different horses, and have jumped up to 1m 10.
- I have some light clipping and plaiting/trimming experience, as this was part of my course at Level 3 horse management.
- I am happy working in my own.
- I am happy to work with horses of all sizes, ages and breeds.
- I am confident handing stallions.
- I have a stage 1 and riding and road safety BHS qualifications.
- I have done 2 years at University, completing a foundation degree in Equine Science and Management. I am going back at the end of September to complete a top up year in Equine Science.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I really enjoy the satisfaction of working with young horses, or any horses for that matter and seeing them progress. I enjoyed riding away my own young horse and seeing him go from a lightly backed youngster to a good jumper and a lovely mover that has done well in low-level showing.
• I would like to improve my clipping at plaiting, as I have done this before but would like some more practice. I would also like to improve my riding skills, to help myself be able to ride more advanced horses, and get a better, more relaxed horse.
I am a hard working person, who is willing to try my hardest in a new environment to give a good impression and get the most I can out of my work.
• I would like to be in a workplace that would allow me to ride, and help me to progress, as well as work. I would like to be able to complete some more BHS exams if possible.
• I am only available on Monday-Wednesday, as I am currently studying at University (Equine Science Top Up)