- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 6th July 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Derbyshire, UK, Staffordshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 16th September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been around horses since a very young age.
When I was 6 I had my first pony, a welsh section A, and not long after this I joined East Cheshire pony Club.
Within Pony Club I took a particular liking to Mounted games, where i went on to compete and represent England in the World Team Championships in Kentucky, USA.
Throughout the years I have had many ponies and horses of whom I have all trained myself. I am very dedicated and believe there is nothing more rewarding than training your own horse/pony.
I am very confident working alone, however would be more than happy to work as a team. I have spent a lot of time previously training my horses on my own, but do also find it beneficial having somewhere there to point out anything that may need changing.
When living in New Zealand I worked on a yard with a lot of Unbroken and unhandled horses. So therefore feel I am very confident dealing with a range of horses, and with this offer a very calm and relaxed approach.
This allowed me to gain a lot of skills when working with young horses also, so would be willing to train or work with young horses.
I am confident to take part in all yard duties and also riding, as being an only child I have always done all myself.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I have always found inner happiness when around horses, and therefore a job working around horses would be an ideal career for me.
• I feel you can always grow and develop around horses, and never know to much! You often hear the top riders say they are still learning, and I believe this is true. You really do learn as you go.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am dedicated and very passionate about horses. I understand what it is to be ambitious horse rider and strive to be at the top, I would put this full passion into my work.
• Do you need accommodation?
I do not need accommodation, however would consider staying away a couple of nights in the week if needed.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?