- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 21st August 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Gloucestershire, UK
- Job Category Part Time
- Earliest start date 21st September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’1” / 154cm
- Approximate weight Under 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Exercise/Hack Out, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, School, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
- Worked at a highly reputable riding school/livery yard:
- Worked with a range of different horses including; veterans, rescues, unbroken youngsters and schoolmasters
- General yard duties
- Organised and ran activities for my own group at Junior Pony Club Camp in 2018/2019
- Have dealt with a variety of clients
- Helped with backing/breaking/bringing on youngsters and project horses.
- Volunteered at Hartpury Equine Therapy Centre:
- Worked with horses on treadmills and assisted with their rehabilitation process
- General horse care.
- Volunteered at a Monty Roberts Demo in October 2018
- Have had my own horse for 6 years:
- General first aid and rehabilitation
- Have taken part in a variety of equine activities to gain experience and bring her on (natural horsemanship, BD competitions, hacking, fitness work, jump schooling, Pony Club activities)
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
- I am particularly good at working with young/nervous horses
- I am self-motivated
- I work well as part of a team, as well as independently
- I am good at time management, which helps with completing daily/weekly tasks
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I find it very rewarding to bring horses on – to see them overcome behavioural and confidence issues, as well as seeing them be able to help others.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I am keen to gain more diverse experience, which will improve my confidence.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Because there is nothing in the world that I put before the welfare of the horses in my care.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
To meet more people in the industry and to gain more experience working with different horses.
• Do you need accommodation?
No, I am currently living in Hartpury, Gloucester.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I have my own horse to look after and lectures to attend 4 days a week (I am available all day Wednesdays/weekends and some potential part days once I’ve received my timetable)
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?