- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 25th September 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Durham, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Working Couple
- Earliest start date 29th September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 Weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Competition Groom, Stud Hand, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, College, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I am a confident young women looking for an opportunity to benefit your yard. I have owned horses for eight years and been riding the same length. I helped out form a young age at a riding school. My duties included; mucking out, tacking up, bring in and turn out, exercising, organising lessons, safe guarding adults and children.
After this I bought my own horse and helped at a livery yard. At this yard I complete many tasks including helping do yard duties, grooming, cleaning tack, show prep.
I have competed myself a few times at unaffiliated events. Most of these are showing and some show jumping. I do love watching other compete and the show prep before hand.
I’m looking for a yard opportunity who would like to take me so I can grown into your business. I wouldn’t mind non- equine yard as long as animal care is involved. I’m also open to doing an apprenticeship.
I’m wanting to complete my BHS exams when possible to help my growing knowledge. Helping on the farm during the winter also keeps me active and this is done an a voluntary basis. There is 60 cattle and dealing with plant and machinery.
Skills which i have developed and help me in any line of work include:
Time Keeping, working alone and in a team, using own initiative, paperwork, politeness, working with public, dealing with difficult situations, ability to but work before home commitments.
Key equine skills are; mucking out to high standard, bathing, grooming, tacking up, lunging, keenness to learn.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• Horses are my passion and working with them is a pleasure. Work becomes enjoyable when they are around and seeing project horses turn into competition winners is really rewarding when you have helped the process.
• I would love to learn how to plait to a show standard as well as becoming a better rider, I’m currently wanting lesson to progress this.
• Employers should consider me over other candidates because i want to learn new things to better myself and my employer. I pick things up really easy and loyal to someone who invests in me is a big moral.
• I would like to gain equine knowledge and confidence is new areas to me such as a competition or stud farm. I would like it to be in the north east area.
• Do you need accommodation?
I won’t need accommodation unless it is too far to travel. Also if I’m offer my partner would have to come.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring animals with you?
If accommodation was offered I may bring a dog however this can be openly discussed and partner also.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I’m currently looking for a loan horse to stay on current yard. But no long standing commitments.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I have a holiday booked from the 24th of December to the 3rd of January.