- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 29th March 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 20th September 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Yes
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period no
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Competition Groom, Other, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Eventing, Livery, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality French
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Management Skills, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
I am a young French woman aged 25, who is passionate about horses. I grew up with horses and started riding at the age of 5. I have been trained by a renown French instructor and competed in eventing (1m10), dressage and show jumping (1m20). I’ve owned horses since I am 15.
At 19 I went to England where I became a professional rider for a sport horse stud in Claygate, Surrey. During my time in England I have been bringing on the young horses of the stud and competing them to their best level but also schooling livery horses as well as giving lessons. I also have been helping with all yard related duties and assisting the management of the stables.
I then had the opportunity to go to Germany and be home rider for a German international Nation’s Cup showjumper, Harm Lahde. There at Gestuet Eichenhain I have been schooling international Grand Prix horses, establishing a training program for them and making sure all their cares were attended to. I was also involved in the preparation of the youngsters for the auctions and travelled around Europe.
In summer 2019 for my previous work placement with the university of Saumur I had the chance to work as a manager at West Weylands Farm in Surrey, England. There I have been running the yard. I’ve been dealing with managing the staff, invoicing, bookkeeping, planning events, selling horses as well as schooling horses and competing.
My time spent working in competitive yards as a professional rider has allowed me to refine the pathway I wish to develop a career in. I now hold a degree in Equestrian Business Management allocated by the University of Saumur and I wish to be a successful yard manager.
I would like a workplace that will allow me to further my passion for working with horses and my skills to run a yard as well as improving my riding and give me more show experience.
What are my skills?
- Plat, clip, cut manes, turn out to a high standard
- Ride young horses and experienced ones on the flat as well as jumping
- Break in and deal with difficult horses
- Deal with stallions
- Invoicing, book-keeping, business communication
- Buy and sell horses
- Organise events
- Plan shows
- Manage a team
- Work with suppliers
- Assist the vet and the chiropractor
What are my traits?
- Quick learner
I am very concerned about the well being of horses and always give them the best cares. I work hard without counting my hours. I am ambitious, serious and always work to the highest standards. I love to learn. I love to teach. And last but not the least I love a good sense of humour!
Please find more information about me in my CV. I am very keen to join your team and I really hope you will find my application interesting. I am available for any question that you may have.
Looking forward to hearing from you very soon!