- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 22nd November 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Staffordshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 11th November 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? None
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Eventing, Foaling, Livery, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Sole charge, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Riding School 2009-2011
- Voluntary work assisting with lessons and the running of the yard
- Feeding and management of horses
- Grooming, exercising and preparing horses for lessons
- General yard duties including: mucking out, turning out, sweeping, grooming
Scope Showjumping Festival 2015 and 2016
- Setting up/rebuilding courses and timing equipment
- Rebuilding fences during competition
- Arena maintenance
- Organised competitors in warm up
- Relaying information to fence judges
Liverpool International Horse Show
- Arena maintenance, team working
- Set up arena for upcoming performance
- Relaying information
- Fire marshall during show
The British Dressage National Convention 2017
- Managed car parking and visitors
- Directed visitors into the event
- Advertising directions to the event (displaying signs)
Stud, 2018 Season
- 5* care to all horses, including stallions, mares, and foals.
- Maintenance of high standards throughout the yard including cleanliness, appearance, customer service, horse handling
- Assist with vet, farriery and dental requirements, worming programs, and injections
- Hold mares/foals when the mare is covered
Accomplished and hardworking individual with solid knowledge of the equine industry. Motivated team worker with strong organisational and prioritisation abilities.
Reliable, dedicated, trustworthy, hardworking, team worker, flexible, self motivated, professional, determined, independent, quick thinker.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I mostly enjoy the reward benefits that comes with working with horses such as progress and the improvement in the animals the more you work with them. I have loved horses since a very young age, therefore ‘working’ with horses has never been tedious for me and has always been an enjoyable job to wake up too. I enjoy getting to know each horse as an individual and no two days are the same in the industry.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Id like to improve my confidence in team leading and team management skills. In previous jobs I have always worked in a team, yet took orders from the team leader, I would like to improve my confidence in this role.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I believe my passion and love for the industry would make me an ideal candidate above others as I enjoy going the extra mile and put extra effort in for something I enjoy. Aside that, I believe I am a hardworking individual who isn’t shy to get stuck in and do the jobs that some people don’t enjoy!
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to maintain a career in the equine industry and potentially progress if there is room too.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Potentially 1 horse.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
New Years Eve and 4-8th May 2020.