- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 31st August 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Derbyshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 23rd September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 7 days
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Moped
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Foaling, Showing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I volunteered at stud, livery, breaking & training and riding school yards every weekend and in the holidays for five years from age 12. The roles included handling and riding a variety of horses, doing usual yard duties i.e. Mucking out, clipping, plaiting etc. I also studied a level 3 technical diploma in Equine Management, have passed my BHS Stage One and am working towards stage Two.
I have developed many skills over the years and am happy to work alone or in a team, I am confident with clipping, plaiting, quaternary-marking, turning out for shows etc, I have plenty of experience with handling, riding and breaking youngsters and I have many non-equine skills in addition.
These include administration (billing, data entry, Microsoft office & excel, filing, etc), hospitality (taking orders, serving food and drinks, bar work, taking payments etc), cleaning, painting, gardening, working with children and more.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Everything, however riding and competing is my favourite.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Plaiting with needle and thread, I would like to eventually compete at higher levels
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m hard working, committed, friendly and most importantly reliable.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I have recently finished college, so any job relating to horses I’d thoroughly enjoy, be it an administration role, a groom and riding position, etc.
• Do you need accommodation?
I have my own car and driving license so can travel myself, however if a job is quite far then accommodation would be ideal.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
If I have accommodation, I would like to be able to bring my French bulldog nova.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I currently have a part time evening job that are aware I will be leaving once I have a full time position elsewhere.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?