- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 28th August 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region East Sussex, UK, West Sussex, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 14th October 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks/1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Assistant Head Person, Head Person
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’0” / 152cm
- Approximate weight Under 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Rehabilitation
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Veterinary Experience, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
(Equine Yard Assistant, September 2017- May 2019)
- Supervising and lecturing students in horse husbandry and practical yard skills.
- Ensure smooth running of the day-to-day activities within the equine facility.
- Actively schooling and riding all horses on the yard.
(Crawley and Horsham Hunt, July 2016- October 2016)
- Training, exercising and hunting fit young hunt horses.
- Turning out for parade, competitions and hunting.
- Plaiting, pulling, clipping and trimming.
(Casual Worker, university term time, April 2015- April 2016)
- Handling youngstock, foals, stallions and broodmares.
- Exceptionally high standards of husbandry care, bandaging and first aid.
Camp Illahaw Assistant Ranch Manager
(Forever Florida, Seasonal, Summer 2014)
- Responsible for husbandry care and ridden exercise of 25 horses.
- Planning and teaching horsemanship and riding lessons.
- Certified the safety of up to 45 children daily (aged 10-17).
Head Girl at PREC
(Pleasant Rise Equestrian Centre, June 2012- Sept 2014)
- Husbandry and medical care for the 27 horses on livery.
- Teaching adults and children horsemanship skills and riding lessons.
- Rehabilitating rescued horses, and backing youngsters.
Involvement within organising Pony Club and Clear Round events.
First Class BSc in Equine Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
- working alone and supervising groups of people
- communication skills
- keen interest in musculature, biomechanics and rehabilitation
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Learning and figuring out rehab programmes and watching the progression of a horse
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Knowledge of the rehabilitation field
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have a wealth of knowledge both academically and physically with a constant desire to learn more.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to improve upon my rehabilitation knowledge
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
My own horse
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
February- 4 days