- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 6th August 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Nottinghamshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 22nd September 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Teach, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have had over 14 years experience with horses and have been working on competition yards for over 4 years. Along side this I have also competed in all disciplines; Dressage, show jumping and cross country. I have also worked for a flat racing trainer, in this job I took the horses to the gallops, helped school them and working with colts and stallions.
I am looking for a yard based job, preferably with riding. I am a strong, hard worker who is highly passionate about horses and feel I would be better suited to a competition or family yard as I am able to take sole charge and turn out to a high standard.
I believe that I am very diverse. In previous jobs I have taken sole charge of the yard whilst the owners are away and I have also worked well under instruction. I am able to adapt to different routines very quickly and listen to what has to be done. I am also very use to handling fresh horses including colts and stallions, along with this I have also helped break in and ride away both racing 2 year olds, and leisure horses.
I also have great service skills. I always present myself professionally, well mannered and well spoken.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
From a young age I have always wanted to work with horses as I am very passionate about them. I’ve always wanted to contribute to a horse preforming to its highest potential so that is what I’ve set out to achieve. I am at my happiest when I’m around them and working with them and I want to continue turning my passion into my job role.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my riding and turn out skills. I would also like to improve my management skills and hopefully be in charge of a team some day. I practiced this when I was working for a racing trainer, on occasional mornings he would let me take initiative and get the horses and riders ready for their exercise; time efficacy was very important and I got a taste of being head girl for a bit and I really enjoyed it.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I would say because I apply myself so strongly to a role that I want. I am very hard working and always try my hardest to exceed my employers expectation. In addition to this, I am always willing to listen and learn.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to contribute to a winning team, or train leisure horses for someone. I love training horses, ridden or on the ground. So I would like to achieve better ridden skills, along with learning about competitions and managing the horse and my time away from home and hopefully getting to travel.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
My own horse
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?