- Age 29 years
- Date of Birth 16th May 1991
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Hampshire, UK
- Job Category Freelance
- Earliest start date 20th December 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term please contact
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Dressage, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Livery, Sales
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
I am available for yard cover including temporary/ holiday management. Riding, clipping and teaching. I specialise in flat work and compete my own horse affiliated dressage.
House sitting , dog walking, pet and livestock care also available.
*over 10 years experience
*qualified and insured
*first aid trained
*knowledgeable and experienced with equine first aid
*computer literate, experienced with invoicing and other aspects of admin.
*competent and confident driving 3.5 tonne horse box*
I have backed and trained a number of young horses who are now all succeeding in their chosen fields of discipline.
I offer reasonable competitive rates. (Mileage costs may apply. )
Qualifications include- BHS 1 & RRS, National diploma in horse management, FdSc Equine Science. Cat B&E (Towing licence) followed by many years hands on experience.
Experience with Horses
I have worked with a wide range of horses (and people!) livery, competition, youngstock, stallions and colts.
I enjoy working with young horses, backing them and bringing them into work – I find it very rewarding.
I started my managing role at a riding school and then later progressed into managing a full livery yard.
These roles included taking bookings, dealing with phone calls and emails. organizing staff and daily routines. riding a wide range of horses, managing staff , helping clients and backing young horses.
I have also worked with competition horses and have been responsible for packing the lorry, tacking up at shows, walking and washing horses off.
I am hardworking and passionate with determination to succeed.
I am reliable and loyal, I am capable of working individually and as part of a team.
I can work well, and make decisions under pressure.
I am a quiet and confident rider who is patient and understanding of young or nervous horses.
I compete in affiliated dressage on my own horse. Hold a trailer license and am happy to drive up to a 3.5 tonne lorry.
I do also have some experience in driving a tractor.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? It is very rewarding to build relationships and trust with the horses. I also like to compete to better my own riding and see the results with my own horse.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my platting skills. (my horse has a massive mane so its hard to get them perfect! )
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am experienced, dedicated and friendly. I can complete your team!
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to widen my range of skills and knowledge within the equine world.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Lessons inclusive would be a massive bonus.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
yes I have other clients that I work for regularly
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
**Available for Christmas Cover***