- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 27th December 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Buckinghamshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK, Northamptonshire, UK
- Job Category Freelance, Full Time
- Earliest start date 26th September 2019
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term yes
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Rider, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Racing Flat, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Irish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Show Turnout, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I worked for show jumper Claire Robertson, this included routine yard duties such as turning out, grooming, mucking and exercising her horses.I worked previously for STX Equine Fitness, UK as “head groom”. This entailed routine yard maintenance and travelling to Europe for competitions. I also worked in the rehabilitation side of horses through use of a water treadmill and spa. I have also spent time working at Lenamore Stables, my duties here involved: helping out during lessons with experienced and inexperienced riders and I also had to ride and school many of the horses. My most recent employment was at STX Sport horses where i was the international travelling groom for Victoria Laing.
I am a highly driven, motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. I am confident and easy to talk to; I can easily talk to people of all ages, and I am also easy to get along with. I am always punctual and ensure that everything that I set out to do is done to the highest standard. I am responsible and extremely independent however I can also work well as part of a team. I have experience in all of the following clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses,.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
As I am passionate about horses i enjoy being around them and caring for them.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I strongly believe that I possess the hard-work ethic required for this an equine groom. I will approach each task and challenge with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to progress in my riding abilities
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?