- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 4th February 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland
- County/State/Region Somerset, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 1st August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Other, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’1” / 154cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Rescue, Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Riding, Trekking, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
First pony at the age of 10-12: learning general horse-care, based on a dressage yard.
Second horse at the age of 12-15: Dressage to novice level.
Previously volunteered at HorseWorld Trust in Bristol, worked as a groom on a public yard. Caring for up to 20 horses and other animals.
Received first job at HorseWorld Trust; 5 months before the visitor centre closed down.
Summer job at Cilan Riding Centre in Wales as a Groom/Trekking Leader: I worked and lived for 5 weeks onsite a remote area of wales. Taking care of 20 horses and ponies.
Rode for Bournemouth University Riding Team: Dressage and Jumping up to 3ft. Weekly training at the RAC Saddle Club in Bovington.
Internship at Horseworks Wyoming USA: Real working ranch, western riding.
Built my own Business in Bournemouth, Forelegs Animal Care: Mobile groom and rider.
6 weeks with Matthias Geysen in Belgium: natural horsemanship, free riding, trekking, starting young horses, problem horses, freedom based training.
Most recently, 8 months living and working for a private family estate in the Doone Valley, exmoor. Working with youngsters and competition ponies, riding them fit and exploring over the mors. This job gave me lots of experience and new skills such a driving a quad-bike, mainly having sole responsibility of 5 ponies and 1 horse, working alone, running a yard and mucking in with lots of other areas like housekeeping and gardening at the manor.
All general yard duties
Natural Horsemanship training approach
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
‘‘Through my experience I have learned a lot about horses, but much more about life itself. The tasks and challenges that I have faced with them continually lead me towards who I really am, and who I would like to be. The truth exposed by the horses who will trust me, or not. Over these countless opportunities for self-growth, I feel an unconditional love for horses. I will always continue to choose a lifestyle surrounded by these animals, being active and peaceful in a natural environment. It is quite obviously healthy for me and fulfils my passions to learn, grow, and make my life a great adventure. For this, horses are my vehicle!’’
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like more experience training with youngsters, handling, starting and first rides.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I understand that with horses its a lifestyle, and I am in love with that lifestyle. I love being outdoors, wet, cold, muddy, i will be prepared and practical to get on with it. I’m not fussed or worried if there is no riding offered, as long as i am around horses, in nature, i am happy.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience with horses on a fundamental level, i’m not worried too much about riding, although this would be good for me to keep up, i am more interested in observing horses, learning their personalities and how best to support each individual during training and in connection between horse and human.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, i am looking for a job with accommodation provided.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Not at the moment, but i am considering getting a dog, so this might come in the future and i would like to have to opportunity to do so.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?