- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 27th April 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 6th January 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 12.5st / 79.4kg / 175lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Foaling, Hunting, Pony Club Activities, Riding School, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have been riding/being involved with horses since the age of 4 years old. I have grown up and have owned a variety of different horses throughout the years. My favourite discipline is eventing and have competed to BE90 and trained over BE100 fences with my previous horse. As well as eventing I have competed in BD, BS, showing and been a member of The Pony Club for several years.
In 2017 I moved down South to a riding school/BHS training yard to work and complete some of my BHS exams. During my time there I gained up to my stage 3 coach in complete horsemanship qualification and taught many clients. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at that BHS yard and spent over 2 years there before moving back home.
I am currently looking to relocate back down South to work with horses and continue to develop my knowledge and skills.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
From my previous job I gained communication skills. I am a caring person who listens and am aware of people’s emotions. My job was very hands on so therefore I am physically fit. I had numerous lessons to teach in a day so I gained good time management and organisations skills. I would say I am good with coming up with different ideas as I used to have to make up lesson plans and adapt them to each individual client I was teaching.
I have a lot of patience for dealing with young horses. I like working as part of a team and am a good team player but equally I can be given responsibility to work alone and still complete tasks to a high standard.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I find working with horses is very varied which I enjoy. There is always something new to learn and everybody you met brings something new to the table. I thoroughly enjoy seeing the horses gain new skills and improve their performance.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
As a rider point of view I would like to continue to develop my riding both dressage and jumping. I would also like to gain more knowledge in a more management roll.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a hard worker with a good attitude towards horses. I put the happiness and welfare of the horses first. I feel I am a good team player with a sense of humour and enthusiastic to get things done to a high standard.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to get more experience in different disciplines and continue to develop my skills and knowledge.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?