- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 31st May 1997
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cheshire, UK, Derbyshire, UK, East Yorkshire, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Lancashire, UK, Leicestershire, UK, Lincolnshire, UK, New South Wales, North Yorkshire, UK, Northamptonshire, UK, Northumberland, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, Scotland, UK, South Yorkshire, UK, Wales, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, West Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 30th August 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Classical, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked on many different yards for the last 10 years. I currently hold the role as the yard Manager at a 5*full livery yard, looking after 19 horses, 50 acres, all facilities as well as a team of 5 members of staff.
I previously worked as a Freelance Groom, Rider and Coach. With this job I have worked on large yards with over 40 horses, who were dedicated to Full Livery, Show Jumping and Hunting. For work alongside my Freelance business I worked on Breeding Yards, Producing/breaking yards and sales livery yards. Within my business I also offered assisted livery on large DIY yards, as well as coaching at a small Riding School.
Within all of these jobs I have created and used my knowledge of horse care and first aid to look after horses to the highest quality. The skills I have range from the basic care such as full muck outs of all bedding types, hay/Haylage weighing and feeding requirements, to handling fit hunt horses, youngsters, foals and stallions. Both as a freelance groom and working for others I have gained experience clipping, plaiting and turning horses out to a high level no matter the occasion.
Recently I have been concentrating on improving my riding ability. I have competed successfully on clients horses that I have trained up to Elementary in Dressage and up to 1.10m in SJ and XC. I also hunt my own and clients horses on a regular basis, both up front over large hedge country and at the back, leading the 2nd Field with the Readyfield Bloodhounds for the past 3 seasons. In the past I have backed and ridden away horses for myself and others, as well as working horses from the ground, with things such as lunging, long reigning etc.
Although I hold all of my equine skills to a high standard, there are a few which I feel I succeed at.
Due to my calm and confident nature, I am very good with nervous and novice horses, both on the ground and under saddle. Building trust and confidence with horses who have had bad injuries, accidents or who have gone backwards in their education due to rider error or lack of initial training.
From this I have learned how to deal with horses who have trust issues for situations such as being shod, jumping and hacking.
I pride myself in my ability to turn horses out to a high standard, for anything from Gradings, shows, competitions to Hunting and sales. Clipping, plaiting, mane and tail pulling is all done neatly and efficiently.
During my time as head girl of the Sales and imports yard, I have done a lot of tractor driving on multiple tractors. My machinery skills include holding my towing license, driving tractors, Telli-Handers, quads etc. I have done many tasks including maintenance on equine facilities such as grading arenas, harrowing fields and much more.
I can also put up wooden post and rail fencing, as well as post and wire/tape fencing.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Horses are my passion and livelihood. I enjoy working hard to gain fantastic results from both horse and rider. Watching a horses progress over the weeks of a fitness or rehabilitation program, seeing their muscle gain and fat loss makes me proud of my work.
Hunting is my main focus, although I do thoroughly enjoy other disciplines. Being able to take a horse out, Side saddle and jump anything that comes in your path on a horse you have put a lot of time and effort into is my favourite feeling.
I would like to work towards gaining my full HGV license in the coming year. I also want to do my BHS exams up to AI, to further my riding and my coaching skills.
As I’m always looking to better myself I have my eyes on competing up to medium affiliated dressage and affiliated fox hunter in show jumping when the right horse and opportunity arises.
I’m a hard working, reliable individual who takes pride in all aspects of their work. I can lead a team, take sole charge and work well with others, which makes me a well rounded employee.
With 10 years experience of working with horses, along side Veterinary experts, Farriers, Physio’s and master saddlers, I have an extensive knowledge base on all aspects of the equine world.
I’m quick to adapt to new situations, calm and productive in emergencies making me an ideal candidate for working on fast paced yards.
I’ve held the role of Yard Manager at Full livery yards and producing yards, being left in charge of other staff, where I have always kept an efficient yet enjoyable work force.
When running my assisted livery, I offered not only the basic horse care, but also feeding programs, organising appointments and horse first aid.
In my next job I’m looking for secure full time hours that are available all year round. Ideally it would include riding.
I’m looking for appreciation for my hard work, the opportunity to put my skills into effect and gain more knowledge, experience and a better riding ability.
If the job is further than 45 minutes from postcode WF14, I would require a small 1 person living space.
I do have my own very well behaved horse and dog, though it is not essential that I bring them with me, so I’m open to negotiation.