- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 23rd May 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere, Bedfordshire, UK, Cornwall, UK, Dorset, UK, Durham, UK, East Sussex, UK, East Yorkshire, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Hampshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, Isle of Wight, UK, Kent, UK, Lancashire, UK, Northumberland, UK, Scotland, UK, Somerset, UK, Staffordshire, UK, Tyne and Wear, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st December 2019
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’1” / 154cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked on yards for 3+years and have been riding for 12 years. I have been involved in riding and ground work with a range of horses and involved in all aspects of yard duties from mucking out to cleaning tack and leading horses in lessons. I am comfortable around both small and large horses with different temperaments.
I am an adaptable and responsible person seeking a position which will develop my knowledge and skills. Overall, I am reliable, hardworking and eager to learn.
I am particularly good at mucking out stables to a high standard but in a timely manner. I am both good at working alone and with others. I am also good at organising, whether that be tasks needing to be completed or appointments.
I am used to brushing horses, putting on correct blankets and rugs, tacking up, cleaning tack, feeding,
cleaning the yard, leading in lessons, exercising horses and more. I have used my initiative to complete tasks and find more work that needs to be completed. I can follow directions and complete my tasks to the highest standard,
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy how not everyday is the same, and how each horse has their own personality and taking the time to get to know each of them
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my plating, handling young stock and just overall my knowledge of the industry
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am willing to learn and take on any task I am asked to with an open mind.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to build a relationship with those I work with, and gain more knowledge of a different side to the equine business
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes- if it is out of the way or far away from North Shields and not east to get to via public transport.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I am in a job at the minute, so would need about 2 weeks notice
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?