- Age 44 years
- Date of Birth 17th May 1976
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland
- County/State/Region Scotland, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 16th November 2019
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Asap
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 3 months
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Pony Club Activities, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Showing, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Sole charge, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have never had a proper job in the horse industry but would love to fulfill this. I have helped out at riding schools in the past most recent is hayfield in Aberdeen. I helped out in beginners lessons to more advanced lessons. Grooming, tacking up and untacking. Mucking out bedding down. Feeding. Doing the night shift. Transporting horses. Taking out bringing in. Hay nets. Taking the stable management classes. Pony days.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
- I can work on my own or part of a team. Recently learned to plait. Handling young horses and ponies. I have never clipped but would like to learn. Don’t mind riding young horses. Schooling. Lunging. Just learned myself when I had my own horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I find working with horses very rewarding and also find them therapeutic. They always put a smile on my face. The horse depends on human and puts there trust in us and to be able to make the horse happy with what its doing is rewarding.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Iam intermediate level rider would love to further my riding i love dressage. But enjoy jumping to. I enjoy hacking. Would like to become a much better rider and understand more about the aids and how to use them better.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have a willing attitude willing to learn. I believe I can give a lot if I got the chance. I enjoy being around humans and horses. I’m bubbly and like a laugh when appropriate.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
To be a better person and learn as life is all about learning no matter how old you are. And most of all be a some one.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
**Available for Christmas Cover***