- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 16th April 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Wales, UK, West Midlands, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Part Time, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 1st January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No notice needed.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
15 years riding experience, taught by a variety of high level competitive riders throughout the years. 10 years working with horses on busy riding and sales yards. 5 years of freelancing in all disciplines.
I have worked in busy conditions throughout all weathers in a variety of roles. I have worked as part of a team and by myself in every job. I am a confident rider who has experience in eventing, show jumping, flatwork, side saddle, hunting just to name a few. I specialise in young, unbroken and somewhat difficult horses but have the ability to produce high quality horse in many disciplines.
Additionally, I have experience in running and maintaining a yard of 50+ horses whilst delegating jobs to staff, looking after children and maintaining good standards of health and safety.
- I love ensuring that horses are put first and content in their every day lives.
- I am a confident rider who has ridden well over 700 horses throughout my career (I wish this was an exaggeration!)
- There is not much I haven’t seen within the equine world and therefore have the ability to deal with a wide range of potential issues e.g medical problems (humans and equines), health and safety, tack, progression etc.
- I would LOVE to have the potential to gain some form of equine qualifications. I have been unable to do so as I have always been in full time education and I have taken my studies so seriously I struggled to find a good balance without having to fit in extra revision for the BHS stages for example.
- There are some areas which I haven’t practised regularly and could need some extra guidance so that certain things are up to the standard of the person/people I could potentially be working for. However, I am a very quick learner.
- On a lighter note, I require a lot of coffee to keep me going throughout the first few hours in the morning!
- I am lucky enough to have so much experience and knowledge in a wide variety of industries, making me extremely flexible when it comes to working with different types of people and horses. I was pushed throughout my career to reach the highest potential not by my family but by my boss at my first stables. I’ve never had the money to buy my own horse but the passion to keep pursuing my love for horses.
- After 3 years at university studying Business & Management with Law, I’ve decided I really need to gain some more experience in the industry to understand whether or not this is something I should be pursuing long term.
- Ultimately, I would want to make some amazing memories. I am desperate to take a ‘break’ from education as I never took the opportunity to travel or work full time before continuing my studies.
- The potential to qualify whether that be within the BHS scheme or other. However, this isn’t crucial as the experience is more valuable to me.
I do require flexible days and hours
I have no pets or horses.
I am currently studying a Masters in HRM at Cardiff Met and therefore that does take priority!