- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 10th March 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region North Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 6th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Month notice
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight Under 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have been on the same racing yard now for 8 and a half years, they have thoroughbreds, show ponies, hunters, mare and foals and youngstock.
I was at a racing yard before this currrnt one for 3 months and a riding school for 3 years before coming into horse racing.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I would say I’m good at all aspects, riding, grooming, clipping, trimming, plaiting, handling youngstock, bathing, loading, bringing in, turning out, turning out for races, mucking out
I can work alone and have been left to run the yard whilst my current boss has been away for a week holiday and away showing every weekend. I can work as a team also
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Getting to know each horses characters.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Breaking in of youngstock And jumping
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I do my very best to make sure all the horses have the love and care they deserve as well as there everyday needs.
Working with horses really isn’t just a job for me.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
There is always something different to learn about horses as there’s so many different ways of doing things.
I would like to Gain more confidence jumping and breaking in youngstock.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I would like to bring my own horse, he is a 15 year old ex racer, very well behaved gelding. I hunt him in the winter and give him a holiday all summer so he gets to enjoy been a horse.
If I was to be accommodated then I have a two and half year old female German shepherd.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
My two year old twin boys
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?