- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 9th July 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere, Cheshire, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Lancashire, UK, Lincolnshire, UK, Merseyside, UK, Shropshire, UK, Wales, UK
- Job Category Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 20th May 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Immediately, any time currently
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period n/a
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’0” / 152cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Supervisory Skills, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked with horses of most breeds, ages and sizes since 2001 within a personal capacity. I began to compete for leisure in 2005 and joined Pony Club in 2008. Since 2008 I have owned and competed 5 of my own horses locally, regionally and nationally across multiple disciplines. I was in the British Under 21’s Endurance Team in 2012. I have won 11 Championships within my years of competing.
Within a professional capacity I have worked at Wirral Riding Centre which is home to roughly 60 horses and hosts RDA sessions. I performed basic yard duties and prepared the horses for their sessions. I was customer facing. The goal was for me to undergo my BHS Stages and become an instructor however Covid-19 meant the position is no longer available. I have since completed a days work with Tyler Cassell (4* International Event Rider) on his yard, caring for the competition horses. I have spent 3 days on a 3* Eventing yard in Wiltshire working with 2-9 year old competition horses. I performed all basic duties on the yard, including bathing and applying medication for the horses that required it.
For leisure I have worked on backing youngsters and re-training and rehabilitating an ex-racehorse. Disciplines I have participated in are as follow: Dressage, Show Jumping, Cross Country, Eventing, Endurance, Race Riding, La Trek, Polo Cross, Gymkhana.
I currently own a 16hh gelding who I am training under Richard Jones, Erika Green and Carol Dobney in the hope to compete him in ODE for pleasure.
- Mucking Out
- Turning Out
- Basic Clipping and Bandaging
- Basic Equine First Aid
- Ground work (Lunging)
- Exercise Riding (Flat, Pole, Jumping, Hacking)
I would like to complete my BHS Stage One complete horsemanship.
- Driving License (Standard currently, though once I am working I would like to do my C1 for a HGV license).
- EQL Level 2: Riding Horses on the Highway and Ride a Horse in an Enclosed Area.
Pony Club Efficiency Test
- C+ Achieved (See attached)
Pony Club Badges
- 1000km Endurance Badge
- Gold Achievement Badge
- Bandaging and Rugs
- Blue Cross Equine Welfare
- Care of the Horse’s Foot
- Dressage Arenas
- Countryside Access
- Equine Behaviour
- Equiment Safety
- First Aid (Equine)
- First Aid (Human)
- Handling and Grooming
- How to be lunged
- Lorinery (The Bit)
- Mucking Out
- Perfect Paddock
- Points of the Horse
- Poisonous Plants
- Road Rider
- Security Awareness
- Tack Cleaning
- Turnout of Pony and Rider
- Worm Control
- Fundraising Badge
- Stock Management
- Training (Learning and Development)
- Employee Relations – Human Resources
I completed a role as a Human Resources Advisor for a firm with nearly 2000 employee’s back in February 2020. I provided coaching and training to a diverse workforce and adapted within a fast passed environment to meet business needs and support the welfare of the colleagues whilst ensuring the company abide by Employment Law. I liaised with internal and external stakeholders in a professional and timely manner. I am able to work proactively on my own or within a team. Training gained whilst in the position as a HR Advisor:
- Information Security
- Discrimination Accreditation
- Family Friendly Accreditation
- LTS Accreditation
- Employment Law Accreditation
- Great Calls Coaching
- Client Experience Workshop
- Redundancy Accreditation
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Horses are very intellectual creatures whom you can build great bonds with. They provide unconditional love and I am very interested in learning their behaviours on a psychological level so I may give them the best care and experience.
On a selfish note I love working with horses for the endorphins they provide from the exercise they give me and the love they provide. I am at my happiest when working with animals and horses are my speciality. I love the challenges they provide and the ones we face as a team. I love to watch they grow and develop.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
For my riding I would like to improve my dressage skills as this is a discipline I have neglected in pursuit of other disciplines such as Show Jumping and Endurance. I would enjoy learning more advanced race riding. Whether its a good jump-off or the race track, race riding is something I have always enjoyed.
On the ground I would eventually like professional experience with breeding and working with young horses as this is an area I have not been able to develop properly. It would be fantastic for my development to gain experience with breeding, stallions and young horses.
For the time being I would be grateful for experience on a professional yard.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a professional to my core. I proactively seek out opportunities to improve and develop. I am a very efficient learner and excel at anything I put my mind towards.
My weight and height are perfect for opportunities which require the rider to work with a diverse range of horses. I am able to ride ponies and horses between the height of 12hh through to 18.2hh.
My business and management experience has provided me with transferable skills which would take most applicants years to achieve. Through my professional experience with emotional intelligence, welfare, training and coaching I am able to apply this to the equine industry.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Coaching, training and qualifications would be a great benefit if available. I would like the opportunity to ride if you believe I perform well.
I am very flexible as to what I would like to gain at this stage as multiple areas of the industry interest me, however to note a few I would like to gain experience for breeding, stallions, young horses, or/and competitive environments.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
N/A. I own one horse however I have him in a livery yard close to my home. I would only require for him to come with me if the position is far from where I am currently based or if we could be trained together as a benefit of the role.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I have a partner so it would be preferred to have at least one day off on the weekend (however not necessary).
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I’m going to Somerford for a training camp from 31/08/2020 until 03/09/2020.