- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 24th November 1993
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 Weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College, Dressage, Family Yard, Livery, Riding School
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, School, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have ridden from a young age, and have successfully completed an Extended National Diploma Level 3 in Horse Management, as well as gaining a degree in BSc Equine Performance Coaching. Alongside this education, i have worked with horses for over 8 years, featuring roles such as Assistant manager and Head Groom. I have experience in a variety of different yards, having worked on pre-training yards where I would ride many young horses on a daily basis, as well as assist with the breaking process, as well as working on an international dressage yard, livery yards and riding schools. Previously I have carried out freelance work in riding schools as a coach, as my degree is approved by the BHS. Most recently I have worked as a Practical Lecturer in Equine at a College, teaching riding on the flat and over fences, ground schooling, and stable skills lessons.
-Handling a variety of different horses including stallions and youngstock
Strengths and Weaknesses
- What do you most enjoy about working with horses? Seeing the horses I work with progressing within their discipline, as well being able to create a bond with all that I work with.
- Is there anything you’d like to improve? I would like to gain my HGV license, as I believe this will be useful in my career.
- Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? I have a good working experience covering a wide variety of different disciplines and yards, as well as currently working as a college lecturer in equine, whilst also having the the theoretical knowledge (BSc Equine Performance Coaching) to back this up.
- Do you need accommodation?
Dependant on location.
- Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have two well behaved dogs which would need to come with me if it is a live-in position.
- Do you have any ongoing commitments?
- Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?