- Age 27 years
- Date of Birth 24th June 1993
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cheshire, UK, Derbyshire, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Lancashire, UK, North Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 27th January 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 6’0” / 182cm
- Approximate weight 14st / 88.9kg / 196lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been around horses since the age of 2. I learnt to ride at my local riding school and then went on to loaning and riding other people’s horses. I have owned my own horses, who I have schooled and worked with over the years. I spent some time living in Qatar where I had the opportunity to ride one of the Arabs at the racecourse. When I returned to the UK, I finished my Business Diploma and went on to study the Extended Diploma in Horse Management at Reaseheath College. I also completed my BHS Stage 1 exam. I ran my own business for a while providing a mobile groom service, but later decided to go into full time employment. In 2017 I purchased a shire x mare from auction who I schooled and then later successfully competed locally. I sold my mare last year and purchased a rising 3 year old Section A colt who I now show inhand. I have previously worked for Pony Patch (children’s pony rides and parties), Black Feathers (Horse drawn carriages), a groom at a riding school and as a Head Groom at a livery yard near Sheffield.
I can clip, trim and turn out to a high standard. I am confident working alone or with others. I can lead a team and ensure work is completed efficiently. I am a confident handler with stallions and young horses.
I have excellent IT and organizational skills.
I am also confident looking after other domestic animals.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love working in the outdoors. I enjoy seeing a horses progress and feel accomplished when I have reached my goals. I am very passionate about working with horses and feel that I would like to continue my career working with them.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d like to improve my plaiting and riding skills.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am passionate, reliable and have the drive to excel in my role.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to further all of my knowledge and skills.
• Do you need accommodation?
Accommodation would be needed if the job is not fairly local.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a well behaved and friendly Cocker Spaniel.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?