- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 13th August 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cambridgeshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 11th September 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period One month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Due to my 7 years of experience of working and volunteering at livery yards and riding schools, I would say I have a variety of experience. I have learnt all of the basics and more from my experience and BHS training. I have passed my BHS Stage 1, Riding and Road Safety, and have completed the training for BHS Stage 2. For the last four months, I have been working as a freelance groom on a livery yard, working alone and using my initiative.
My key skills are that I have had a lot of experience dealing with horses of all ages and personalities. I work well in a team or on my own and enjoy keeping busy with a variety of tasks throughout the day.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy getting to know all of the individual personalities of the horses and seeing how I can improve my knowledge at every opportunity.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to further my knowledge so I know more than just the basics of horse care.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am always willing to learn new skills and ensure all jobs are completed to the standard required. I have a lot of experience having been around horses for ten years and worked with all types of environments and horses.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
More experience and progress more than I have at my previous job. I would like to learn new skills such as clipping and plaiting, which I am happy to learn on the job. I would also like to ride if possible.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
My own horse (Saturday mornings)
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
One holiday booked 12th-16th October 2020