- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 10th June 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 15th March 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I first began working with horses when i was 15 at my local riding school. I worked here for 3 years before i went to college to study HNC Equine studies. On completion of this i moved to Bishop burton college and gained a degree in Equine sports coaching. Alongside my degree i also worked on the college yard and continued to work here after my degree gaining my BHS qualifications up to stage 3 ride and care and stage 2 teach. I have also had my own horses, competing in various disciplines throughout the years. I also enjoyed riding on the universities BUCS team helping the team qualify for regionals 3 years in a row and also qualifying individually for nationals competing against 40 of the best university riders in the uk riding unknown horses and jumping up to 1m 20 courses.
I have an aptitude for turning out horses to a high standard and enjoy the aspects of clipping and plaiting. I can pay attention to detail to keep yards tidy and organised. I have worked in teams as well as individually and can thrive in both environments. I am a sympathetic person and so find i can get on well with different characters in horses and people. I have experience handing and riding horses of different temperaments. I also have my first aid certificate as well as being trained in aspects such as fire saftey, safe guarding and GDPR.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the satisfaction that working with horses can give. Working in a fast paced environment where no day is exactly the same is exciting for me. Being active and outdoors in a job is important.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I am constantly willing to learn new things and really thrive on learning. I am always looking to improve my riding skills as well as making sure i am doing everything the most efficient way.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I will always give 100% into tasks i am given. I am willing to learn and can be adaptable to the needs of the job seeker.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I am flexible on job type/disipline.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Yes, i have 1 dog.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?