- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 26th July 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st April 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Hunting, Livery, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Having owned my own horses for most of my life, I spent my teenage years working my weekends at various event/show jumping/riding school yards. I have plenty of experience competing in all disciplines at an high unaffiliated level, and have some experience of lower level affiliated competition – however and unfortunate lack of horse power has prevented me from being able to pursue this. At 16, I began working full time at my current job – a livery/competition yard; here we have various liveries, ranging from advanced medium dressage horses, to 1.30m show jumpers and Intermediate event horses – we also have horses in to school or break and back.
With this variety of horses, I take on the responsibility of their fitness (including riding, lunging, long reining, etc.) as well as grooming at shows for these horses, along with their general daily care. I do this with the support of an apprentice.
I possess a Level 2 in Horse Care, Management and Riding; and I am keen and on track to complete my Level 3.
Work efficiently and quickly both alone and in a group
Able to take charge when needed
Experience with young horses/backing/breaking
Work well under pressure
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy being challenged with young horses. I also enjoy and take much pride in seeing competition horses progress and excel in all areas. I very much enjoy grooming at shows and being hands-on in these environments.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my experience and knowledge of grooming at top-level sport. I would also wish to receive further training on either my own or other horses.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am extremely enthusiastic to improve, learn, and do my job to the highest standard possible. I have a real passion for competition and strive to help my team to be the best they can be.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain experience in grooming at competitions, and in preparing horses for higher level sport. I would like to gain training on my own horse.
• Do you need accommodation?
If away from Lincolnshire.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I own my own horse who I would like to bring with me. I also own a dog however bringing him is not essential.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Training for Level 3 – willing to do this in my own time/discuss this with employer.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?