- Age 38 years
- Date of Birth 8th December 1981
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 17th March 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Yes could be an option.
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Immediate
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Part of a Team, Sole Charge
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Previously worked in an Event/Livery yard during my twenties (including competition grooming, livery management, youngstock), and then went on to manage an Equine and Pet retail unit for seven years (including caring for two hunt horse and two hunt ponies before and after work for three years), before moving more into Team Management and Administration. Whilst always keeping my hand in with practical horse care via part time work and helping equine friends. Highly organised, attention to detail with a large skill set in numerous areas. Hands on and practical, always with a smile on my face. Exceptional yard skills as always worked on tidy yards! Very good handling skills, including lunging as handled a wide range of horses. Recently travelled last year and volunteered with horses in Bali and helped educate on horse care and basic riding skills.
Sole charge, working as a team, lunging, hacking, confident handling different types of horses, horse care.
Exceptional customer service skills, written and verbal communication, administration, office skills and people management.
Often called a ‘Girl Friday’ as I can turn my hand to anything and am very practical and hands on. Child care, cleaning, gardening, painting etc!
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The fact that from a child they are in my blood and therefore its a passion/life style choice for me.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Always my riding skills! I would like to return to riding. Interested in Dressage and Natural Horsemanship.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
My nickname in most jobs has been ‘Girl Friday’, as I can turn my hand to anything in a positive, can do attitude way. In my last roll I won team player of the month for four months in the year (voted by all employees and management) leading to me winning the overall yearly award for best team player and overall contribution.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Freedom to work in an equine environment and enjoy the role. This is very important to me since recently working in more city and corporate roles. I am looking to return to the equestrian sector and be settled. I am now interested in more natural horse care, equine welfare and training a horse in a partnership way.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes initially if possible.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?