- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 24th April 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Durham, UK, North Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 7th December 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term 7th-23rd Dec, 27th Dec-onwards
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Riding Instructor, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Housekeeper, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Livery, Racing Flat, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have experience working with both large and small riding schools as well as on private livery yards. Highly adaptable to the individual and their needs. Always willing to learn new things to progress my career and the level of care I’m able to give the horses and animals in my care.
I am accustomed to a large variety of animals so not phased by being part of a multi animal establishment.
Working through the BHS stages currently.
Working alone or with others
Turning out for showing
General yard duties
Stud work (caring for stallions, broodmares through pregnancy and foals from birth onwards)
Teaching (riding and stable management)
Preparing for travel
non-equine skills mainly in sales and retail
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy the fact that all horses are slightly different, they all have their own personalities and quirks that either need to be worked with or rectified. It’s really satisfying when you see improvements in the horse(s) you’ve been working with and you know that the hard work has paid off.
The physical elements keep me fit and the everyday learning opportunities help me progress and improve continuously.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
General yard skills to improve efficiency and level of professionalism. If the opportunity arose it would be good to do more with foaling and backing/breaking as I have limited experience with both in my previous job.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Willing to relocate for the right job
Currently progressing through BHS stages so all knowledge is fresh and correct-no bad habits
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Gain more knowledge and experience working in a professional (or family run) equestrian environment. Working with/for people who have a love for the industry and enjoy what they do.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
No animals to bring
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
***Available for Christmas Cover***