- Age 31 years
- Date of Birth 26th January 1990
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Ireland, Europe, United States of America
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 25th April 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV, Category C1, Category C
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Foaling, Sales, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality French
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Management Skills, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Young Stock Handler, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Passionate about horses, and having ridden since I was 9 years old, I developed a specific interest for breeding and stud management while studying Equine Science at Aberystwyth University. After graduating from my BSc, I followed through with a Msc in Entrepreneurship and Management at the University of Bath before starting my career in the thoroughbred industry.
I started out by working 3 months as stable/yard staff for a National Hunt trainer, and then moved on to the breeding side of the industry by completing the National Stud’s Diploma Course. I have since worked for various thoroughbred stud farms and bloodstock consignors in the UK, USA and France, where I gained valuable experience in all aspects of stud work (foaling, teasing, covering, handling youngstock, sales preparation and sales work, assisting with vet and farrier, administering treatments…) as well as some administrative tasks.
I am now looking to take the next step in my career and move on to a senior position with more responsibilitites.
I am looking for a Stud Groom/Assistant Stud Manager role or a Stud Manager role, preferably in the thoroughbred breeding industry, but I am open to opportunities in non-thoroughbred stud farms.
I also have experience in the equine sports industry, having ridden for over 15 years and competed in show jumping, dressage, eventing, working hunter and some showing classes in France and in the UK.
My key skills are foaling, handling youngstock, teasing, and preparing and presenting horses at thoroughbreds auction sales.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love working with horses, especially in the breeding side of the industry as I find it fascinating to see the horses grow from the day they are born and slowly turn into the athletes they were bred to become. It is also very rewarding to be able to help these foals get a good start in life.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
If there was an opportunity, I would like to work in the covering shed and with stallions again. I am used to handling teasers, but have limited experience with covering stallions.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hard working and passionate, profesionnal and detail orientated. I am also versatile and a quick learner, so I easily adapt to new responsabilites, be it in the yard or in the office.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I am looking to take the next step in my career and move to a more senior position, preferably in the thoroughbred breeding industry.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes, I need accomodation (or help finding accomodation nearby).
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a 4 year old well-behaved labrador that would be coming with me. He happily stays at home while I work though, I don’t bring him to the yard with me.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I don’t have any ongoing commitments and am available right away, subject to visa processing time and/or quarantine (if visa/quarantine are necessary) as I am currently in France.